Hi there,I posted before about SMTP not working but IP address working.Finally, i was told SMTP issue was solved. I tested it, it did work by using iwsend_mail.ipl. Then i found iw_solution_mail.ipl didn't work which was working before when using ip address for mailserver in iw.cfg.So now, if i use ip address, iwsend_mail.ipl and iw_solution_mail.ipl are both working, but if i use SMTP, then only iwsend_mail.ipl works not iw_solution_mail.ipl.Does it make sense? The issue is in SMTP server or TS server?Thanks for all of replies,Ale
What do you mean "use SMTP"? Do you mean use a fully qualified host name instead of an IP address in the iw.cfg setting?iwsend_mail.ipl and iw_solution_mail.ipl use different Perl modules for sending mail - it is possible that one might react differently than the other, though it seems unlikely if you are using a fully qualified hostname for the SMTP server versus an IP address for the same server -- I would think they'd either both work for both scripts or only one would work for both scripts (or neither would work with either script).
The situation i have right now is very strange for me.If i use hostname in the iw.cfg, iw_solution_mail.ipl script should work which it is what Interwoven recommanded. Unfortunately, it doesn't. But it works with iwsend_mail.ipl script. IP address is working both email script.Is it weird???
Yes - it is weird.In order to debug it - you would have to enable / add debugging to both scripts to see what the particular email module they're using is doing with the information.
I did put debugging screen in the wft, but it seems nothing wrong in the script. Just still couldn't get email by using hostname, after turning to IP address, both script work well and i got email from both.I have no idea where is wrong. Actually email notification workflow with using iw_solution_mail.ipl is in the solutions folder which is provided by Interwoven.
The debugging would need to be in the script(s) - not the WFT.
I checked the both scripts. What i found is--Actually iw_solution_mail.ipl is still using iwsend_mail.ipl to get mail server name(SMTP) for sending email out.BUT, it couldn't solve my issue.