I'm having the same problem, but my branches.cfg file had entries for the branches I had deleted. I removed those entries, but when I try to run iwndxpurgebr to completely remove them from indexing, I get an error that the index and search services are not started. They won't stay Started no matter what I do. Any suggestions?
The problem with running the clt to purge is that the index server service/process must be running in order to do that. Removing references in branches.cfg and branches.db should do the trick, but I am curious if indexer rebuilt new collections or used the existing ones? If the later, then you should also look in branches.db and find the obj id ref for the problem branch and then manually delete that collection if it exists, else you will be in the same boat. If the former, then you should delete the all the old collections. I have opened a ticket in regard to search indexer just dying when it runs into an issue it does not like. I will provide the FR or Bug # when I get it.
John, I belive this was fixed in 671 patch 3. What version of TS are you on?
671 pl3. but patch id 1789 for Search specifcally is the one I believe you are referring too? We planned to apply that, but are on an upgrade path to sp1 now. I did not see a bug id regarding this. I do know this corrects the issue with deleted files in the initial ed of the branch causing error code 20's and indexing to not occur. Do you have a specific bug id that you have seen? Thanks!
No, it wasn't staying started. I ended up opening a case with support and the support rep sent the steps to fix it:1) Stop the index server; (it wouldn't even start)2) Make sure you have removed the branches from the branches.cfg file;3) Then go to your index collection folder and delete the branches.db file (data folder);4) Restart your index and search server.These steps worked perfectly! The problem is fixed.
The index collection folder is the data folder under iw-search home. Mine is C:\iw-search\data. The branches.db file is located there.