I did separate the "branch1" and "branch2" in templating.cfg by using tag "branch vpath-regex" but it is working for branch1 only and for branch2 DCT selector window is not showing up at all. Any advise....
I need to set constrains on same DCT for different branch.I have attached the txt format of templating.cfg.
So you can not use same DCT which have same "data category/data type" even if the branch path is different
I tried with full path in "branch vpath-regex" tag and it did not work either.
I have made changes on line 11 and line 120.Thanks
Thanks all of you....Looks like it is working. 1st:I consolidate 2 branches into 1 by using same "data category" (thanks nipper)2nd:I used (thanks ISCBorisB and prem_pratick)
You certainly can. All it takes is a little more elaborated vpath-regex
Hi IBoris,I am in the same situation of same data type/cateogry name in different branches. Those two DCT's have different fields. I was able to setup both of them in templating.cfg and it showed DCT in both workarea. Then, I tried giving two data type definations for same data type name with diff vpath-regex. But it actually merges the two definations. So, if I want to show only save button in one DCT and save, preview in other. Do u have any idea, how it can be done?Teamsite 6.5 SP2 on windows server 2003Thanks,amit
Hi IBorisB,By merging, I mean if I give button option of Save in one DCT definition and Save, Preview in other. If I take a look at the first DCT, it shows both the buttons- Save , Preview.I have attached the templating.cfg for the same. Here I am also in one more problem. The vpath-regex under <data-type definition is not working. Problem is that, I have same category in two branches and they have multiple data types inside them. When I go to that category in one branch and clicked on File->New Form Entry. It shows me the list of all data types under it and data types in another branch as well in radio buttons.Is this a problem in Ts 6.5 or in my vpath? Please take a look at tht also.ENV: TS 6.5 SP2 on windows server 2003Thanks for the assistance.- Amit