The code didn't show properly let me tried again:
The code didn't show properly let me tried again: [html]my $return_content=$data->{english}->{$chapter}->{$section}->{$content_txt};print < // var testing = $return_content; var testing = "a string that mean nothing";// calling the javascript function on the client sideEOT[/html]
print <<EOT;<html><body onload="parent.getScriptFrame().populateLocations('$return_content')"></body></html>EOT
i think the problem you have is with code that parsing the xml. make sure this code works first and it is returning data before plugging it in ur ipl
In the ipl, modify your EOT output to somethinh like the following:print < '$return_content')">EOT
print < '$return_content')">EOT
I've tried with single quote, double quotes, reverse quote with no success, I'm I usig the proper approach for parameter beetwen callserver?
Ok. Let's dissect your code a little. You said before: "I'm able to pass the parameter "testing" but not "$return_content...".So, an assumption is that this works://var testing = $return_content;var testing = "a string that mean nothing";And this dose not:var testing = $return_content;//var testing = "a string that mean nothing";Assume that $return_content value is 'Foo'. Then, Shell-Style "Here Document" (<<) evaluates to var testing = Foo;Guess what, it's wrong JavaScript, you do not have a JS variable Foo!Correct syntax would be var testing = '$return_content'; to make Foo a literal.By the way, unless it's a typo your posted mik.js does not actually contain "IWDatacapture.callServer" command.But then again, you said that "testing" worked.
The Group/Bundle/Container Summary requirements for Unaddressed Admail are set out in the requirements for Mail Preparation and Presortation Guides found on the Canada Post web site.
Thx, I was able to assign a variable and populate the area with a simple string.But know I wanted to pass this string as an example and it doesn't like it.[HTML] The Group/Bundle/Container Summary requirements for Unaddressed Admail are set out in the requirements for Mail Preparation and Presortation Guides found on the Canada Post web site. [/HTML] This is content that got retrieve from my XML content file. I'm almost there any ideal.Regards,Michel
i am guessing the data u are passing is breaking your xml file. try to escape it with CDATA and see.
Well, you are guessing wrong. If you read Digger's "mik.js" module you saw that he used IWItem.setValue method to setitem's value. This method escapes HTML Data, it simply won't allow you to malform DCR. Your CDATA for examplewill be stored verbatim, as . . . I can practically guarantee that Digger's problem is that getContent_callserver.ipl either outputs syntacticallywrong Java Script in the first place or this JS fails upon rendition by the Form's browser.