Hi All,I have a requirement wherein i need to deploy content but to different target areas i.e. more than one location in the "targetFilesystem". The manual states that:-"The target file location is defined within the definition by the target element. Only a singletarget file location is allowed in each definition."Can somebody please help.RegardsGursher
I am aware of fan-out deployments but that is not what i am looking for. I am able to deploy content to two different servers siamultaneoulsy but what i need is to deploy them in diferent file systems.So lets say on server A if the content is getting deployed to C-drive then on Server-B the content should be simultaneously to the D-drive.Please let me know if it is possible to do so without writing/customising the script.Thanks & RegardsGursher
Thanks anyways
Hi,I know that using multiple definition and multiple execdeplopyment options this can be done, but that is the whole point, i want just one definition which says for e.g. "Deploy Live" and this should deploy content to two different servers on different file systems.I think it is not possible to do that and i will cutomise the deployment script.Thanks anywaysRegardsGursher
i cant seem to get this to work - its not overriding the targetFilesystem - here is my snippet can someone tell me what is wrong? replicationFarmSet replicationFarm name="ai_school_folders" quorum="" nodeRef useNode="MyLocalHost" targetRules area="Y:\default\main\EDMC_Marketing\Brands\Art_Institute\AI_austin\WORKAREA\Content\htdocs" / /nodeRef /replicationFarm /replicationFarmSet
Additional question/scenario:This is close to what I need to do except that I would need to have two nodeRef for the same server each with a different targetRules area defined. So for each of my servers currently defined I would need to add a second nodref with a new targetRule area due to an IHS upgrade where the unix admins want to the new version on a new file system on the same server and want, for a limited time, to be able to deploy to both file systems with the same OD Configuration.Any issues with referencing the same server twice with different targetRule areas defined?And - since this overides my target file system defined in my definitions target will it cause my filters defined there to be ignored?FYI - fan-out, file-list deployment using quorum.Thanks.