Hi,Any has knowledge if the Unix account such as root or nodody etc required to use a teamsite licence?My question is because we are using per user licence and not sure if those user required to use one.Env : TS 6.1
In what scenario these users will interact with TeamSite??I don't see any need for getting TeamSite licenses for unix system users. You may need license for any user who is working on TeamSite (Author/Editor/Administrator/Master) or you may need a project specific license if that suits the requirement of your project.
Thanks!! yes I have the same feeling but not sure how teamsite handles per user licence specially since some the background processes are run by these accounts which interact with teamsite.
It would help to know what version of TS you are on (we can presume that you're on Unix based on the question).'root' is a defacto master user and as of 5.x (if not earlier?) I believe it was no longer necessary to enter it in the conf/roles/*.uid files (I assume you're not running 6.7.1 yet - which doesn't have those files) - but even if you did, it was not officially counted against the number of licenses that were purchased.I believe all OS-system accounts fell in this category (this included Administrator and SYSTEM on Windows too).In later versions of TeamSite there was an "iwui" user which I believe became "iwts" in 6.7.1 - these too are not counted against your allowed licenses.All of the above is my recollection - if you want an official response contact either Support or your local Interwoven Sales Representative.