Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Pushing data into a DCR
brooke
Has anyone attempted to "push" data into a DCR via a Perl script?
I'm looking to timestamp DCRs with a system date and time as they are put into a workflow. Obviously we can take data out of a DCR, but can we push data in?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
tvaughan
Hi Brooke,
If you're not picky about where/how the data is saved, you might want to consider using an external attribute to associate a publish date with a DCR. Look at the iwextatt command for more details.
Tom
brooke
Thanks for the tip! I'm actually first looking into utilizing code from a past post (Today's Date in a DCR) to just insert it in the beginning. But I might look into how I could do it utilizing the iwextatt command as well -- thanks!
In regard to the previously mentioned post, I've set up the perl script in the proper directory and inserted the code into my DCT, but get this error when I try to create a new DCR:
A MessageException was thrown: com.interwoven.clientutils100.TMessageException: Error building the requirements for java.io.ByteArrayInputStream@7de0d5: CreateProcess: perl \iw-home/local/bin/format_date.ipl error=2
Any thoughts anyone? It seemed to work right off for everyone else. Thanks so much!
Brooke
tvaughan
Sounds like when you call the perl script it isn't returning correctly.
Try two things:
1) Actually run the command on your command line:
perl iw-home/local/bin/format_date.ipl
and see what that gets you.
2) If that works, try using the iwpt_compile.ipl command on the command line and give it a -pt and -ofile arguments and at the end append this string: "-ocode ****.ipl ; ****.ipl" and that'll show you more about what's wrong.
Tom
brooke
<<Showing my Perl-novice quite a bit...>>
When I run the cmd line perl iw-home/local/bin/format_date.ipl, I get the error:
'perl' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file.
Sorry for the sad questions -- we've been doing template dev here for awhile now, but are now testing the waters with Perl -- hitting some bumps!
Thanks so much,
Brooke
Migrateduser
You have to make sure perl is:
1. installed on your computer
2. in your path environment variable
Or: you need to first cd to the directory containing the perl executable.
David M. Doggette
Certified Interwoven Consultant