Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenCmd from ASP.Net Application
Justin_obs
Hello,
I am using IManage 8.2 and FileSite.
I am writing an ASP.Net application and I am trying to use the OpenCmd call from IManExt. If i run the App on the server I can launch a file in its native application. If i run it from a client machine the document does not open.
I am assuming it is because it is running the app on the server and trying to open the document on the server.
All of my client machines have FileSite installed. Is there anyway I can use OpenCmd to open a file in its native app at the client from my asp.net app????
I am keen to use the OpenCmd so FileSite takes care of the clean up of the opened document etc. This obviously doesn't happen if I use the HttpResponse object to download the file to the loacl machine.
Any advice would be very welcome
Thankyou
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Justin_obs
...In case it helps this is a cut down version of my code
IManDMS dms = new ManDMSClass();
IManSession session = dms.Sessions.Add("VM-WIN2003SVR");
IManDatabase oDatabase;
IManDocument doc;
OpenCmd cmd;
ContextItems context;
NRTDocument[] saDox = new NRTDocument[1];
int num = 120;
int ver = 1;
try
{
session.Login(usrname, pwd);
if (session.Connected)
{
oDatabase = session.Databases.ItemByName(DB);
doc = oDatabase.GetDocument(num, ver);
if (doc != null)
{
saDox[0] = (NRTDocument)doc;
context = new ContextItemsClass();
context.Add("SelectedIManContent", doc);
context.Add("SelectedIManObjects", saDox);
cmd = new OpenCmdClass();
cmd.Initialize(context);
cmd.Update();
cmd.Execute();
}
}
if (session.Connected == true)
{
session.Logout();
dms.Close();
}
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
EventLog.WriteEntry("App", ex.ToString());
}
jny
There isn't a contextitem to specify a checkout path for the document to open from a machine other than the one native to the execution of the command itself.
The IManExt commands are designed to be used in the Desktop environment.