I am a developer within the state of Oregon. The TeamSite product is owned and administered by a different state agency. I am maintaining templates, but not administering TeamSite.We upgraded to 6.7.1 and now I am managing access via TeamSite rather than another agency managing access for me via UNIX. Currently, my agency can access all of our files. I intend to segment access for about 12 different content management teams and lock them out of folders that they are not responsible for. TeamSite will inherit folder permissions for any new file that is created. I am trying to avoid manually setting permission for 2,000 existing files. There should be a way to script this, I would think.Thanks again for all your help!
If the distinction for group ownership is based on branch and/or directory boundaries - submit.cfg is the way to go to make sure the permissions are set correctly whenever something gets submitted. This requires the ability to either create or modify that config file (iwhome/local/config/ on local disk, or in an admin branch if you have one, from which it gets pushed to the local disk) afterwards you need to run iwreset -- Read the TeamSite Administrator's Guide for more details.If you want to make sure that all files created / modified within a given directory use the group permissions that are on that directory instead of the individual user's primary group (you appear to be on Unix) - you can do a chmod g+s on the directory(ies) and make sure the group ownership on the directories are correct (note: I have not tried this [recently] with TS Groups on directories, so I'm not sure if it works correctly in that regard)The iwgroup CLT is for creating / managing TS groups - not to set permissions on files or directories. I believe for that you need to use iwaccess.From the GUI you can select Properties on a file or directory and might be able to alter the owner / group permissions that way - but I'm not too sure about that.Note that setting access rights on files and directories is not the same as extended attributes (i.e. iwextattr does not apply unless you're dealing with metadata)