Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Comma in search criteria
Rooose
Hi All,
I'm attempting to perform a search for documents using its custom12 profile field. This works fine and returns the desired result until i use a comma in the search string.
IE
Dim oDocuments As IManDocuments
Dim oProfileParams As IManProfileSearchParameters
Set oProfileParams = oWorksiteDMS.CreateProfileSearchParameters
Call oProfileParams.Add(imProfileCustom12, "*637,1*")
Set oDocuments = oWrkDatabase.searchDocuments(oProfileParams, True)
MsgBox oDocuments.Count
The count comes back as zero, however if i replace the , with * then a get my result which has a custom12 value of 637,1. (Obviously using * wildcard could give unpredicted results)
Any ideas?
RW
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
Are you trying to get back documents that have either the custom12 value 637 or 1? Or something else?
Rooose
Hi jny,
I want to retrieve documents containing the full value of 637,1 in custom12.
thanks
Rooose
Can anyone help me with this? thanks
Migrateduser
We have run into this before, and as far as I have heard from Interwoven, a comma is ALWAYS a value delimiter, and cannot be explicitly searched for or included in a search string.
jny
I'm assuming that if the CUSTOM12_ALIAS is entered as a value that contains a comma, you did not enter it via WorkSite DBAdmin program.
I don't believe there's a way to search for a value that contains a comma; this is why DBAdmin does not allow it.
wolfgang
When searching for workspace names, I have once worked around this by replacing commas by asterisks in the search string. This might help, but it might also give you too many results.
Wolfgang