Win32 PERL Module

Spencerspins
edited November 19, 2018 in TeamSite #1

Hi

It looks like Win32 PERL module is not working with apache that comes with 16.4 TeamSite application. The code below is returning internal server error. Is there any other way to perform FETCHURL in the new version of TeamSite. We upgraded from 8.2.0.2 to 16.4.

use Win32::Internet;
my $INET = new Win32::Internet();
my $servercall = "https://" . $cgi->{'form'}{'server'} . "/iw-bin/perlcode.ipl?" . $cgi->get_form_data();
my $response = $INET->FetchURL($servercall);
debug ("response: $response"); 
$INET->Close();

response

2018-11-19 09:26:53 : response: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
<p>The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.</p>
<p>Please contact the server administrator at 
   to inform them of the time this error occurred,
 and the actions you performed just before this error.</p>
<p>More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.4.33 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.0.2o Server at www.www.com Port 443</address>

Comments

• I do not think it is the Win32:Internet.

Try to run perlcode.ipl from the shell/command line See it will execute correctly. The response came back but just came back with an error that you need to debug.

• Hi Andy
    Running from the command line runs the script without issue, something is wrong with the apache web server configuration. Any CGI/ipl file is returning internal server error on the browser.

Thanks

• Hi Andy

Thanks for your help. I found the issue, we have first line in the perl code as #!D:\iw\TeamSite/iw-perl/bin/iwperl which works with 8.2 but i guess 16.4 version has issues with it and that needed to be updated to #!D:\iw\TeamSite/iw-perl/bin/iwperl.exe, Our code worked fine except that Apache had issues with HTML code without exe at the end.

Thanks

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs