Please mention the following
MediaBin Version
Database
OS
Vin
HelloI am trying to install the mediabin asset server and start the server.Here is what I did:1. Installed the asset server in c:\program files\mediabin server2. Run the MBAdminConsole.exe setting the Data directory to G:\MBDataDirectory instead of the default c:\program files\MBDataDirectory (as only G drive has considerable space to hold data) and configured database successfully.3. Started the server from administrative tools -> services and it started with out any error.But from MBP.log, I found that it is not able to find the MBDataDirectory/XMP. So, I tried to copy all the folders except /ImageDB from the c:/program files/MBDataDirectory (which are /XMP, /CADIn, /CADOut, /Flip factory and /Flip factory commands directories) in to G:/MBDataDirectoryNow when I restarted again, it now shows the error"Unable to access the MBPAdmins group members. Reason: The value passed in is not valid for the parameter"I am not sure how to resolve this one.Could any one advise me if I am doing wrong or how to sort this out please?ThanksShivram Rajamanickam
Please mention the following MediaBin Version Database OS Vin
I ran into this recently and here is what I did:- Uninstall MB and delete all the installation folders- Install with the default location of MBDataDirectory
It looks like the browser has chopped my post as it thinks my server name specified as a html tag.So, here we go, I have copied my previous post with changing the server name in it.-----------I tried as what msrinivas said, like stopping the server and completely uninstalling the installation folders in c:\program files.Now I installed with the default MBDataDirectory (c:\program files\Mediabin server\MBDataDirectory) and completed successfully.But still after starting the server and looking at the logs, it produces the same error.Here is the complete thing which shows up in the MBP logs file11/20/07 10:08:47 ******************** MediaBin Server Version MediaBin 4.6.1 Build 7 starting. ********************11/20/07 10:08:47 Service account user: [server name]\mediabinuser11/20/07 10:08:57 Repository initialized ok.11/20/07 10:08:57 Warning: Missing directory: \\[server name]\MBDataDirectory\AGS Command Files.Some functions may not be available.11/20/07 10:08:57 Setting ImageDb to \\[server name]\MBDataDirectory\ImageDB11/20/07 10:08:57 Attached to an Oracle database11/20/07 10:08:58 Unable to access the MBPAdmins group members. Reason: The value passed in is not valid for the parameterI am now completely puzzled what it is trying to do. Whats going wrong here?Cuold any one please try to sort this out?ThanksShiv
Hi Shivram
I faced a kind of similar situation , Let me explain it , It may help
Oracle 9i ( Sun Solaris -Server III)
I should install the Oracle full client software in Machine to support MB on Oracle
My recommendation
Update the results
The Oracle install involves configuration of the database and running a standalone utility (MBAdminConsole). The error message is suggestive that the second step was not correctly performed. It is looking for data that should be stored in the MBSettings database table, a table that is set in the code portion of the install isntrcutions and not in the database scripts.Your install logs should also provide ints as to what might have gonbe wrong.Cheers,Lyman
Hi Shivram I faced a kind of similar situation , Let me explain it , It may help I was installing MediaBin 4.5.2.5 on Oracle , (MB 4.5.2 only support SQL.)But Special patch from interwoven to support Oracle 9iMediaBin 4.5.2 /Windows Client /Ent Mgr /Hot Folder (Win 2003 EE -Server I)Web Client /Web [font=Book Antiqua][color=#000000]Services ( Win 2003 EE -Server II)[/font] Oracle 9i ( Sun Solaris -Server III)[/color]I worked with Interwoven Engineering team for two days to find the issues ,Finally I found the bug , We instilled Oracle Client Software , that cause the bugI should install the Oracle full client software in Machine to support MB on Oracle My recommendation Sorry , Again do a clean installationClean the installation directory , some file from Common Files folder tooClean your Registry EntriesInstall Oracle Full Client version , Check your ODBC and see the connectionInstall all the pre requisite software’s , Login as the Admin to the box , (Same privileges to Oracle database too), install Media Bin Server softwareUpdate the results Vin
The error was almost similar like, could not complete the installation