Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy DAS: table not registered
Gerard
I'm trying to get DD 5.2 for Solaris to work.
TS: 5.02 for Solaris.
I just want to deploy the metadata in a certain workarea.
The initial iwsyncdb.ipl -initial ends succesfully and afterwards the tables look OK to me. Then I change metadata on a file. This change is not "datadeployed" to the Oracle db.
The "iwddd.log" file contains an error message that the TEAMSITE_METADATA___<my vpath workarea name> is not registered which results in ERROR:TExtAttrDbAgent create failure.
When I use the iwsyncdb.ipl - resynchbr command the base and delta tabels are regenerated. However the idea of DAS is that it perfoms this automagically.
So I guess I'm doing something wrong.....
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance, Gerard.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Most likely cause for this problem is that something went wrong in the "basearea" deployment when you ran -initial command. You might want to open iwddd.log file to see what went wrong in the basearea depolyment. Beware that DAS renames the existing iwddd.log file everytime it's restarted. So, you would to have to dig all iwddd_*.* files to identify what had gone wrong during -initial command.
Gerard
Thanks for you reply. Following your advice, I looked again at the log files.
No problem in the -initial phase.
However when I change metadata on 1 file, I notice in the iwddd.log file that datadeploy seems to be confused about table names.
The iwsyncdb.ipl -initial command generates TEAMSITE_METADATA__<branchname>_<areaname> tables for STAGING and workareas.
When I change metadata on 1 file, the event is recognised and the daemon tries to synchronize. However the table name listed in iwddd.log is TEAMSITE_METADATA__IWMNT_<branchname>_<areaname> which obviously does not exist. Somehow the additional IWMNT is introduced.
When I set dolog to "1" in iwsyncdb.ipl, the TeamSite event is logged as:
[Tue Aug 13 12:30:18 2002] <username> <role> SyncModify /.iwmnt/<WORKAREA_vpath> <relative vpath> FILE
So it seems like the extra IWMNT is due to the fact that ".iwmnt" is passed in via the event.
This sounds like a bug to me????
Gerard.
Migrateduser
how are you changing/setting the metadata? Are using the "File->Set Metadata" option or using iwextattr CLT? Do you see the base table and delta table properly created for the area in which you are modifying metdata? Can you copy & paste your iwddd.log and post it for me to take a look at?
Gerard
I'm using File --> Set Metadata indeed.
I've attached the iwidd.log file.
BTW when I change in iwsyncdb.ipl a piece of code in the GetNamesFromArea sub, it works OK. I've added for test purposes only:
$area =~ s#/.iwmnt(.*)#$1#; #strip /.iwmnt
and then my metadata change is visible.
Migrateduser
You shouldn't have to do this check in iwsyncbd.ipl. Can you file a support case and provide all reproduction information, so that we can fix this anomaly? Thanks.
Gerard
Opened case with CaseID=1088353. Hopefully replying to an official case will go just as fast as your replies in this forum ;-) Thanks for your help so far!
rthakur
I also see this problem.Are you using 5.0.2 RTX version or 5.0.2 SP1 TS/TST
Migrateduser
Deemed to be bug 32703. A fix will be available in DD521 SP1, ETA in 2-3 weeks.
Gerard
I'm using Data Deploy Version: 5.2.1.0 7003 20020311
TeamSite: Version: 5.0.2.0 7003 20020311
Hope this helps, no idea what "RTX" means ;-)
Gerard.
Migrateduser
RTX is "Release To eXternal". Service Pack 1 for DD521 will be available in about 2-3 weeks which will have a fix for the problem you observed.