parse the micro deployment logs. Would require analysis at your end.
Hi all,Is there any way to catch the return status of datadeployment?My datadeplyment file is viewers_dd.xmlIn a simple perl script I am invoking this dd script by following command:$iwodcmd=path of iwodcmd start fileneme;my $result=`$iwodcmd 2>&1`;print $result;...
$?
...my $result = qx($iwodcmd 2>&1);my $status = $? >> 8;if ($status) { # ERROR}...
Have you tried examining $? as in:...my $result = qx($iwodcmd 2>&1);my $status = $? >> 8;if ($status) { # ERROR}...
Yes, I have tried this.I want to catch the error when something is missing like constraints, or data is larger than the size.The above code returns success in these conditions also
You're saying the deployment failed, but the status returned 0 (zero)?
I've seen that happening many times. I'm sure you did too. The reason was always poor design where OD process has not been *informed* that it failed.Some samples:1. DNR scripts do not return <response code="-2"/> on failure (and often do not even check if they did fail)2. Stored procedures ( DD case ) that return 0 regardless of operational status.3. Combination of 1 and 2 where DNR does return -2 in some cases but not other are pathetically hard to debug.4. Failed DB triggers. In this case, even if triggered SP does properly report failure to the DB Engine OD/DD has no way of knowing it.
The above represent poor custom coding and not necessarily a bug in the application itself (which is what I thought was being stated)
I seriously doubt that whatever Parag observes has been caused by OD bug. Chances are overwhelming that it's his problem
I think we can safely say that about almost everyone on this board. Present comapnay excepted of course.
*******<deployment name="basearea">*********** <source>*************** <xml-source options="narrow"*******area="$source_branch^/$source_area"*******area-type="ts-filesystem"*******xml-type="custom"*******custom="yes">*******<path name="templatedata/Viewers/ViewerCategory/data" visit-directory="deep"/>****</xml-source>*********** </source>******<substitution>***<field name="viewer/0/Category/0/Image/0"*****match="/(.*)"*****replace="/US/en/$1" />***<field name="viewer/0/Category/0/BannerFile/0"*****match="/(.*)"*****replace="/US/en/$1" />***</substitution>***
*********** <destinations>*************** <!-- Target Database -->****<database use ="$target_db"****** update-type** = "standalone"****** state-field** = "state"****** enforce-ri*= "yes"****** delete-tracker= "yes">*****<search results-suppress-vpath ="f" results-program = "" />*****<dbschema>******* <group name="ECM_VIEWER_CATEGORY" table="ECM_VIEWER_CATEGORY_TEST" root-group="yes">******* <attrmap>******** <column name="Path" data-type="VARCHAR(255)" value-from-field="path"/>******* <column name="CATEGORY_ID" data-type="VARCHAR(40)" value-from-field="viewer/0/ecmID/0" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>******* <column name="LOCALE" data-type="VARCHAR(42)" value-from-field="viewer/0/Category/0/Locale/0" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>******* <column name="CONTENT_TYPE" data-type="NUMBER(1,0)" value-from-field="viewer/0/Category/0/Banner/0" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>******* <column name="ACTIVE" data-type="NUMBER(1,0)" value-from-field="viewer/0/Category/0/Status/0" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>******* <column name="TITLE" data-type="VARCHAR(80)" value-from-field="viewer/0/Category/0/Title/0" value="$locale_prefix^"* allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>******* <column name="IMAGE_FILE" data-type="VARCHAR(80)" value-from-field="viewer/0/Category/0/Image/0" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>******* <column name="BODY" data-type="VARCHAR2(4000)" value-from-field="viewer/0/Category/0/Copy/0" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>******* <column name="CONTENT_FILE" data-type="VARCHAR(80)" value-from-field="viewer/0/Category/0/BannerFile/0" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>******* </attrmap>******* <keys>********<primary-key>*********<key-column name="CATEGORY_ID"/>****************************</primary-key>******* </keys>******* </group>*****</dbschema>*************** </database>*********** </destinations>******* </deployment>*** </client></data-deploy-configuration>