Here's a scenario:-1) Currently I have one workarea called News with in branch called Dow which consist of 5 DCTs and its generated pages. It is access by TS group called News_Editor.2) Now Client prefer to have 2 more workarea (Publisher and Designer) built with in same branch called Dow. This workarea should contain only certain DCT and generated pages depending on news information and same time this workarea will be access by different TS groups called News_Publisher and News_Designer.
Alarms should be going off in your head right now. Workareas are intended to be views of the entire branch (plus modifications) - they are not supposed to maintain different files - and attempts to do so will generally lead to misery and failure.I believe there has already been a response with respect to the rest of the issue described.
Make those a subbranch, not different workareas. I have seen people do this before (with workareas). The results have been bad. Or do it, put a lot of money for an expensive consultant to come in and fix it later on. I have made quite a lot of money that way. When things are so totally screwed up no one ever argues about your daily rate. :rolleyes:
Ghoti - I agree with you 100% on exactly what you say. So, does that mean for security access workarea isn't best recommended method?
We had recommended subbranch. Client came back staying issue with licensing. Isn't that true?
I believe the customer has been an Interwoven customer for some time - yes? as such, the restriction on number of branches (which i think is ludicrous anyway) shouldn't apply to them - but if-in-doubt - get the Interwoven Rep's involved...
Hi Ghoti - As being expert :-) would you not recommend to use different workareas with different access with in single branch just to avoid headache?Can this workarea access be handle differently in 6.7.1? I read through administration guide and it seems similar to 6.5. Your guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.