shebang line is#!c:\iw-home\iw-perl\bin\iwperl.exedo you mean"http://"+server+":80"+/iw-bin/+"progName" ?where the iw-bin is not even in the quotesor this"http://"+server+":80/iw-bin/progName" ?Thanks
HiI am doing a callserver but it's not going to the path to execute the perl script. I know this because perl script makes log file everytime it executes and when I execute the perl script by itself it works when not being called from callServer. The perl script is located in c:\iw-home\httpd\iw-bin\test\pscript.ipl in the teamsite server.Here is the code below. The environment is Windows and TeamSite 6.5function call(){var params = new Object();params.title = IWDatacapture.getItem("/Content/title").getValue();var server = window.location.hostname;top.hiddenFrameRunning=true;IWDatacapture.callServer ("http://" +server+ "/iw-bin/test/pscript.ipl", params);}I have done backword slashes also since it is windows but I do not think that matters. Also, I also did the full path meaning like this "http://" +server+" /iw-home/httpd/iw-bin/test/pscript.ipl" and still didn't work.Also used relative path"/iw-bin/test/pscript.ipl"Permissions seems to be OK as well and on a side node inline calls are executing perfectlyAny insight to what is going will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
As per formapi Developer guide, callserver takes three parameters. try passing the third parameter "isGet" (may true or false).RegardsKarthik SP
I have ran the script on it's own and it worked alsoI have tried callServer ("/iw-bin/test/pscript.ipl", params) that did not work eitherI also used the url "http://" +server+ ":80/iw-bin/test/bub_text.ipl" still did not work
Is there fourth parameter? I have seen some codes have a fourth parameter is _new
When you say the script worked on its own, how do you mean ? How did you run it ? How do you know if it ran or not ? Open a log file and write something as the 1st few lines.why do you list 2 different script names in the url and callserver ? While these should work in a sub dir, you can try to move the script from test to just iw-binand no, you do not need the wripper script for callserver code.
sorry for the confusion i mean the script name is pscript.ipl i just copied the line from somewhere else to present my case and forgot to change it to pscript.ipl instead of bub_text.iplwhen i mean i ran the script on its own meaning i did it thru command linec:\iw-home\iw-perl\bin\iwperl c:\iw-home\httpd\iw-bin\test\pscript.ipl and i know it ran because in the code i have written it to make log file whenever it gets executedThanks