Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Reports in OpenDeploy
Parag
Hi all,
I need to configure the Reports in OpenDeploy. In OD GUI under Quick reports there are 3 reports Deplyments in last 24 Hours etc. On clicking any of these it displays : "The querry returned no result. Please try to generate another report".
I have checked all the configuration files. They are indicating to the default Hypersonic DB.
1. The eventsReporting system is enabled and working fine, as I can run
DAS with no issue.
2. The _eventReporting.log under OD/log has
2007-08-09 04:20:57,819 [Thread-5] ERROR - Error loading JNDI context
JndiContext-6.
2007-08-09 04:20:57,819 [Thread-5] INFO - Reason: Failed to connect to
JNDI provider
2007-08-09 04:20:57,819 [Thread-5] WARN - Skipping JNDI context
JndiContext-6 and all its subordinate objects.
3. For the Query report onlt for some of the tables it shows proper result.
eg. '* FROM IWOD_DEPLOYMENTS' This query returns the result for the deployments.
But any of other reports doesnt return any result.
Attaching the configuration files, if it could help.
Can anyone please throw some light why this is happening?
Thanks
-Parag
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
John742
looks like the JNDI listener has gone down. check for something listening on port 9171. if nothing then restart openDeploy. This will intialize JNDI and OpenJMS. Turn off the admin UI and query message handles from od events. If handles start going up then your event persistance is working again. Turn Admin UI back on and watch handles again for consumption. One thing to note, if the JMS listener goes down (9172) events are never persisted and are lost, so if you are looking for lost metrics and are never consumed by OD reporting. This is mostly likely your culprit.
FYI: Using hypersonic DB can have unpredictable results. I would suggest moving to an RDBMS solution.
RajatChopra
Parag,
I guess moving it to an RDBMS should be the first step. Try logging the events to Oracle or SQL Server.
The hypersonic database is not recomended for use even with the event subsystem itself. This is an Open Source (possibly OEM'd) version that is not stable at all. I remember the log file issue with this .... NIGHTMARE it was