iwodauthorize
From the command line, it looks like iwodauthorize -r add odadmin andyshould make andy an odadminrun it from the commandline and see
You are not logged in as a user authorized to run that. Are you the bootstrap user ?
The result I got is from the person, who had all the priviledges on OD and SystemThanks!Jenni
I am getting the same errors on my system, and I have full perms. There is probably a setting in deploy.cfg that will be required to make it work. The manual does not say squat.If I can find it I will post the answer.Andy
Take a look at Deploy.bootStrapUserName attribute of the deploy.cfg.It is actually documented in "OpenDeploy® Installation Guide", paragraph "Modifying the Bootstrap Administrator on the Base Server or Receiver". It should probably have been located in Administration Guide, but....
Not in my case, I checked and I am in the bootstrap & I can use the OD Admin GUI without trouble, just the clt failsme
*Bootsrap* must be OD Admin in the first place. Starting with the 6.0.x (at least) bootstrap has higher access credentials than OD Admin. You can configure multiple bootstrap users
Hi All,Thanks in advance. I had gone through the mannual but was not able to find any CLT for adding the user to OD? Is it only thru the UI, we can add the OD users or is there any other way for it?Thanks!Jenni
Yup, I know. That is the strange thing. My user is the bootstrap. It is also in the od-admin. Yet when I tried to use iwodauthorize it gave me the error. The logs were freaking bizzare, andy is an admin, iwodauthorize fails because andy is not an adminUser Andy login on od-admin role but is not an od-admin user on this OpenDeploy host.Hence my suggestion that Jenni file a bug.
What version of OD are you using?OD6.0.2 has a different version of iwodauthorize than OD6.0.2SP1 (there was a bug fix for being able to disable CLT authorization in SP1) - and it is possible that other versions of OD have still more different versions of iwodauthorize.The iwodauthorize in OD6.0.2SP1 allows you to add users to the od-admin and od-user roles, and to add authorization for defined od-users to run certain deployments and/or directories of deployments.The iwodauthorize in OD6.0.2 (without SP1) only allows you to do the second part - you need to login to the OD Admin GUI to add users to the od-user and od-admin groups ... and even then it is possible it won't work right (we have that issue at my current site and are looking to upgrade OD to have SP1 on the various servers... or upgrade it to a newer version completely - not sure which will happen)If you're not using OD6.0.2 - then the above may be only marginally useful - but it really does help when you include version information in your posts.
Hi Fish,I did exe the following cmd. \>iwodservergetversionVersion 6.0.2.1.0 Build 52162 Interwoven 20050921We are on OD 6.0.2 SP1. In your reply, you had mentioned that we would be able to add the users to specified roles at cmd. But the issue still exists. Any comment?Thanks!Jenni
6.0.2.1 means the OD 6.0.2 with SP1 applied.Like i said before, I suspect there is a bug in iwodauthorize because I am certainly an od-admin as well as a bootstrap user and it is failing with the same error on 6.1You should call support