Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Beginner : Do I need to deploy multiple page after a common header template change
lowhm
Hi,
I have a question about making changes to a template (or component?), e.g. the page header that is common across a number of pages.
After making the changes, do I need to deploy all the pages that is having the same template?
My guess is that I should be constructing the common header in component and for any changes to the header, I will make the changes to the component and deploy the new header component, LiveSite runtime will then render the page with the new component without the need to redeploy each and individual page, am I right to say this?
However, in case where I wish to make some wording change to a page template
e.g.
from "Product Details" to "Product Specifications"
How do I handle the 100s of product pages generated that require this word changes?
Republish the whole site or product branch?
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Han Ming
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
tec_iwov
if your data is embedded within the common template then yes you need to use first Get latest Components to propagate the change to all pages then deploy them to runtime. Another approach that people do is off load the common content to a DCR. then you just have to publish it and then invalidate the cache for the site.
Bunty
Even I have same doubt as...
Do we have to regenerate all the pages which has been already deployed, in case we change 1 Logo image in DCR which is common in all web pages?
tec_iwov
you will need to invalidate the cache only.