Hello,A problem was reported with one of the group tasks in a workflow and upon researching the problem, it is noticed that the is one of the users associated with that group task. The iwgetwfobj returns the following in the users element when run on that group taskOther group tasks (which are working as expected) do not have the "" associated with them and I think the problem with the problematic group task could be because of this no user association but I dont know for sure.I am unable to remove the using the iwrmtaskuser because is not a valid user and hence that CLT does not do anything.How can I resolve this problem? And any ideas on how the got added to the group task in the first place?Thanks.P.S. I had to put in a blank space between the "&" and "lt;" (also between "&" and "gt;" so I could post them without being converted to "<" and ">" , the data returned by the iwgetwfobj does not have that space!
Any inputs that will help resolve this issue are appreciated. Thanks.
Thanks for the reply. I already tried using the CLT as well as using the WFTask perl module to remove the "no user" (using various options to handle the < & > symbols) but no luck.Yes, it is kind of tricky since the "no user" should not have been added in the first place since its not a valid user.
Run a script, extracting all the users of the group task within a loop. Check for each user, if it is in the format which your system usually defines as. If it does not match the condition, simply pass the id extracted to the method or CLT.HTH
OK, This problem exists for 6 active jobs, all created using the same workflow. But this same workflow has been used to create more than a 1000 jobs in the last 6 monthsIf it was only one job, then I could have suggested that the job be killed and a new one created. Since this is reported for more than one case, I am concerned it will keep cropping up. I am pretty sure that this problem may not be occuring in the OOTB workflows as we have other custom workflows that have group tasks but dont have this problem.One thing that I can highlight with this problembatic workflow is that the group task's users are updated based on user actions (which kicks off an external task to change the users associated with that group task). Basically, the external task removes all the current users (using WFtask's RemoveUser method) and adds a new set of users to the group task (using WFtask's AddUser method). This could be failing in a few cases. (please note that the same process works and has worked for 100s of other jobs created using the same workflow)I will open a case with IWOV and see what they have to say, probably thay may have an answer to "how did the no user id get associated with the task" and recommendations to avoid this problem/situation and finally to fix the existing "corrupted" tasks. Thanks for your responses.