The name that the DCT uses internally ? <item name="Name" pathid="Name"....Very doubtful. You can change the label, which is seen by the users but not that internal name.
Ok. Yeh the item name is what i am trying to change. Thanks for the reply.Jenni
Ok, here is my requirement.I have 2 items A and B. Depending on the branch, Either one of them will be visible to the user and both the item values goes to the same column of database. The invisible item value need should not go to the database. I was thinking to change the name of the item so that the item name would be dynamically populated depending on the branch, where the DCT is opened.Thanks!JenniItem A or ---- > d/b (same column)Item B
The way I read it, it is something like the following:- Two different branches with mutually exclusive itemA and itemB for certain Category/Type- Depending on the branch, either itemA or itemB should be visible to Authors and to Data Deploy to populate the same column of certain Table.If that's the case, you can use single identically named itemA (or in both types, that makes DD configuration trivial. If it's not the case what is still missing from your explanation?
There are a couple ways to solve this. You can use formapi to copy the proper value to another hidden value and DD that. You can also use a preprocessor in DD to read the appropriate field in the DCR to deploy. Neither should be very tough.
Yes that was the idea I got. I am trying to copy the value to the hidden item and deploy to the d/b.Thanks!Jenni
OK, so what is the issue ? The formapi to do this is 3 or 4 lines. DD is straightforward. What have you tried ?