We've been long time Mbin customers and we've only had one conversion go well.We use MS SQL Server and when we upgraded from 4.5.2 to 4.5.3 I noticed in our MBSettings table that there were multiple entries that should have not been there. Our ServerID was in there mutliple times with different values and did not match our *real* ServerID. Therefore, I restored our old database to the db server, we ended up deleting those rows from the table and reran the conversion again. That fixed our issue.I know you said you are on Oracle however, I thought I would mention our solution anyways, and maybe looking at your server configuration in that table before upgrade may be helpful.
This does not bode well :-(. We are looking at an upgrade in a few weeks. Kshitiz,Are there are upgrade path documents available? I know there is a webcast for mid-september on MediaBin upgrade. Definitely need to plan around that time so as to get maximum out of it.Currently on 4.5.1 , SQL Server 2000
I'm not sure if those questions were targetted at me or not. I am going to skip answering them as I do not want to control this thread.Coincidentally, Lyman is heading a webcast on Sept 12 about Mbin 4.6 Upgrades.http://interwoven.market2lead.com/go/interwoven/DevNetWC091207
I was able to resolve the problem through IW support's help. Apparantely, the setup hasn't done upgrade of DB format as required by 4.6. After the upgradation, we have to run MBPAdminConsole.exe present under the installation directory of MB server. It prompts for upgrade of Database. Run it. After which Server was running fine and getting connected through Windows Client as well as Web Client.However, now I'm facing connectivity issue of MB with TS. I'm using TS 6.5 and I'm not able to import the files from MB which I was able to do previously. I'm wondering whether ecm connector 2.0 is compatible with MB 4.6. When trying to import file, the MB browser isn't showing image previews but broken file icons (see attached s1.jpg)And when I'm trying to import any file, I'm getting an error (see attached s2.jpg)Any solution??
On upgrading to 4.6, there is a known issue where certain filesizes are not converted to the newer KB values and instead the filesize is returned as zero. The ECM connector looks at the filesize and determines that if it is zero then there is no preview available....which explains why the thumbnails are broken.This is an issue with the MediaBin server and not the ECM connector or the MediaBin web service. Contact support to get the patch that fixes this issue.Mark
Oops. I have just been informed that this patch has a minor issue. Please do not use until we get back to you.Cheers,Lyman Hurd
To quote release engineering!"The new updated (w/both SQL and Oracle sql files) patch package and readme have been posted up on the support site:"Again you will know you need this if files migrated to MediaBin 4.6 lack a piece of metadata of type "Original File Size". If you have not yet performed the upgrade the latest code should handle this without further intervention.Cheers,Lyman Hurd