Problem in configuring CTS 16.4

Hi All,
we have installed CTS 16.4 against CS 7.3. Previously ADTS 6.7 was present as Transformation engine. After installing 16.4, custom profiles are not getting executed. Below are the log messages that are getting saved in CTS log, where it is returning false fo CanExecute. can anyone let me know if any thing else has to be changed/configured to make the custom profiles execute for CTS 16.4. I find no additional configuration for upgrading to 16.4 from 6.7 in both 16.4 and 7.1 guides.

2019-01-24 22:23:38,218 DEBUG [com.documentum.cts.impl.services.ctsplugin.CTSPluginHandlerImpl] (Thread-40) The profile custom_Merge_to_PDFA_adts is an atomic profile
2019-01-24 22:23:38,218 DEBUG [com.documentum.cts.impl.services.ctsplugin.CTSPluginHandlerImpl] (Thread-40) using the cached capabilties of profileName : custom_Merge_to_PDFA_adts ; source format : pdf ; target format : pdf
2019-01-24 22:23:38,218 DEBUG [com.documentum.cts.impl.services.ctsplugin.CTSPluginHandlerImpl] (Thread-40) cached info canExecute : false
2019-01-24 22:23:38,218 DEBUG [com.documentum.cts.impl.services.ctsplugin.CTSPluginHandlerImpl] (Thread-40) CanExecute custom_Merge_to_PDFA_adts : false
2019-01-24 22:23:38,218 DEBUG [com.documentum.cts.impl.services.ctsplugin.CTSPluginHandlerImpl] (Thread-40) ### leaving canExecute :false

Comments

• Have you done a clean uninstall of CTS?

• @Alvaro_de_Andres said:
    Have you done a clean uninstall of CTS?

Hi - The installation is done on the new server host not on the old 6.7 ADTS

• @MYDCTM said:

@Alvaro_de_Andres said:
    Have you done a clean uninstall of CTS?

Hi - The installation is done on the new server host not on the old 6.7 ADTS

CTS installs dars in the repository that contains custom types and profiles. Those should be uninstalled before doing an upgrade, I'm sure there's a KB on the support site with the detailed steps.

• @Alvaro_de_Andres said:
    CTS installs dars in the repository that contains custom types and profiles. Those should be uninstalled before doing an upgrade, I'm sure there's a KB on the support site with the detailed steps.

Hi Alvaro,
    Thanks for your reply. I have raised a request with support and below is the response I have received.
    Now, I have to look into the options of developing the new profiles from scratch. However, this seems to be embarrassing clients with no proper guidance on how to move profiles to new inducted PDF engine.

Support response
    After CTS 7.0, we changed the 3rd party rendition engine from Adlib to Aspose.
    That’s why, profile structure are bit different.
    Please see attached profile modification guide for 7.2 (with list of profiles)
    For detailed steps on how to make modifications to OOTB ADTS 16.4 profiles, you may refer to the following documentations.

In such scenarios where customer needs to keep the old config in terms of any custom profiles/customizations from ADTS end in the repository of Documentum, we always suggest to take a backup of it and place it in the similar location once the ADTS is reconfigured. There is no way of retaining the old config while performing the upgrade/migrate simultaneously.