Home Analytics Designing reports
The community of Analytics developers are invited to follow and participate in the developer network.
OpenText technical experts collaborate with supported customers and partners in the Magellan product area.

Multi Value in Cascading parameter at all levels

Hi Everyone,

I researched a lot and was not able to find a perfect or nearby solution to allow MultiValue Select in Cascading parameter at all levels of the cascading parameter. I found a devshare post devShare post: http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1477-allow-multi-value-for-cascading-parameter/, but its not of any use to me as i can't change the jsp file or I can'e change any file of eclipse. Please give me a solution or any near to alternative solution so that i can resolve my problem...

Thanks,
Anshul

Comments

• The question is for BIRT Report.

• edited February 5, 2019

Hi Anshul,

I cannot access the devshare link you posted. I confirmed that multi-select only works on the last level when cascading. I did some searching, but I did not find an example of how to add mutli-select to all levels. It appears that enhancement requests have been filed to add this functionality to both open source and commercial BIRT.

You can use JSAPI to create a custom parameter page. Here are some useful links:

https://forums.opentext.com/forums/discussion/56373/how-to-get-started-with-birt-js-api
    otadocs.opentext.com/documentation/ihub31-dev/AIG-main/index.html#page/aig%2FJSAPIWebContent.html

Jeff F.
    Customer Support Engineer I
    OpenText
  • Thanks Jeff.
    i will try the link you have mentioned and will let you know.
  • Hi Anshul/Jeff,

The link to the DevShare post seems to be posted on multiple discussion boards but it does not work for me. I've been trying to find a solution to the same problem you were having. Were you ever able to make progress regarding using JSAPI to create a custom parameter page.

I am missing the link between creating the webpage and connecting it to AnalyticsDesigner. Can I enter the script directly on top of the report in "ClientScript" or another?

Any advice will help tons!

Noah