Hi,OD602, Sol8, TS65Sp1does anybody know what the function is of the localnode-element in a deploymentConfiguration? The manual is (again I would add) vague:"specifies the host name or IP address of the source host."Well what does that mean?The reason I ask is that I have tried several values that sometimes give an error "ERROR: Connection failed: Could not find matching OpenDeploy client for ({localNode-name})".Entries I have tried are: {localNode host="127.0.0.1"/}: failed {localNode host="localhost"/}: failed {localNode host="MyLocalhost"/}: failed {localNode host="MyLocalHost"/}: fails to 1 receiver, works to another receiver (really!) {localNode host="thereal-hostname"/}: works {localNode host="another-hostname"/}: works (!!!)I have added the values here to odnodes.xml, restarted od but that does not make a difference (which is inline with the manual because is refereing to ip's)Please note: i am NOT looking for a quick fix or work-around. I just want ot know how this thing fundamentally works, so it will work on all server.Hope to hear from you.
Cheers Fish,from your answer and the od-ref I deduct that the following is happening to check if the deployment matches an allowedHost/Dir:1. if strictPartnerChecking = "no" and sender.localNode.host equals receiver.allowedHosts.node.host (e.g. string compare, no ip-resolving) then allow deploy2. if the above fails: first resolve the receiver.localNode.host to an ip-address. Then if sender.ip-address equals receiver.localNode.host.ip-address then allow deploy.3. if the above fails: deny deployFollowing this it could be that the receiver can not resolve the sender.hostname to an ip-address (due to firewall, subnets, routers, dmz, etc) which would make the item-2 always fail. (In which case the error-message about the "matching localnode" would be rather messy)Could you think that what I'm saying here could be right?Cheers, Ronald