TS 16.4.1: Searching on Extended Attributes that Contain a Space is Not Working

I have found another bug in TS 16.4.1 Search, where if you have an extended attribute that contains a space in it's name ("Expiration Date" for instance), then the search will return wildly inaccurate results. The bug lies in the fact that when the search query is built, the process (I'm not sure where the blame lies) inserts an "OR" string where the space is so the portion of the query that defines your extended attribute looks like "Expiration+OR+Date", which obviously is incorrect. I haven't received a patch for this yet, but I'm working with Support to get one. This is just to let people know that the bug exists.

Comments

• I was notified that there is a fix for this bug in the upcoming Service Pack (16.4.1.1) but I don't know yet when that Service Pack will be released or what else was broken and might be fixed in there. If anyone knows more about this Service Pack, we'd love to know what else may be broken and fixed with it.

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs