preference repository issue

Experts, i am getting below error while starting webtop
com.documentum.web.env.PreferenceRepository$DisabledException: preference repository credential is not configured in app.xml

Even i am using only one repository that is global repo as well, so i dont think we need to provide credentials in app.xml, can anyone give idea about this error and how to resolve ?

Comments

• Even if there is only one docbase, the passwords for preset and preferences users i.e., dmc_wdk_presets_owner and dmc_wdk_preferences_owner should be encrypted and updated in the wdk/app.xml file to avoid the errors completely.

Hari Gadhamsetty
    Architect, Consulting Services
    OpenText

• Yes i agreed, but password encrypt tool is also not working in web-inf/classes
    script for encryption is :
    java -cp .;../lib/dfc.jar;../lib/commons-io-1.2.jar;../lib/certjFIPS.jar;../lib/jsafeFIPS.jar TrustedAuthenticatorTool webtop

• Hi,

you can refer to Webtop Deployment Guide page 36 (Enabling presets and preferences repositories) for step by step.

• Hi

I am also getting the same error while lunching webtop16.7.8 which DCTM21.4:

ERROR [main] com.documentum.web.common.Trace - preference repository credential is not configured in app.xml

20:25:00,975 ERROR [main] com.documentum.web.common.Trace - Preference repository is not available, reason: preference repository credential is not configured in app.xml

com.documentum.web.env.PreferenceRepository$DisabledException: preference repository credential is not configured in app.xml

Please let me know the steps to modify presets and preferences objects -- dmc_wdk_presets_owner and dmc_wdk_preferences_owner