How are you submitting ? If you submit via commandline it should. However if you are submitting via GUI, the it is up to the workflow.Also, are these directories empty (new dirs) or do they have content ? New dirs do not typically get acted upon until they contain new data.
We are submitting via the GUI, so I'll have a look at the workflow to see if it isn't working as it should - the folders which aren't submitting all contain data.Thanks for the response
Is this a custom workflow or an OOTB submit workflow?If custom - are you sure your workflow attaches pre-selected files?
Thanks for the responses - I'm still finding my way around this system, but looks like I need to look at our wft and see what's happening there. It was implemented by an IW consultant, so I just assumed it was OOTB ...
This is most likely the issue. I almost never submit dirs, rather, I do a view modified from the point I want to submit and then select the files.
I concur with Andy about the best way to go about this. In fact, when coding custom workflows, I generally disallow submissions of directories by anyone other than an administrator or master, because it's impossible to predict what the end user's expectation of the behaviour is going to be. If you don't disallow it, I would recommend adding some text to the pre_tagtable_html to tell the user exactly what to expect if they attach a directory.
I've (so far) never had a case where the client wanted to keep the behaviour of the default submit workflow of having individual file comment textboxes. They usually want to strip the instantiation page down as far as possible. I do typically add a list of attached files to the workflow just so they know what they are doing, especially in cases where any files other than what they explicitly selected are being added to the list (e.g. DCRs or multiple different output renderings of the same content).