Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Default value for EA?
ShovelFace
MT 4.12
What is the best approach for assigning a MetaTagger-controlled value to an EA? For example, I have facetName="ABC.entry1", with vocabulary "ABCENTRY1". Say I want to automatically assign code "002" with label "Some Label" to a DCR, I was thinking of using a rule as such:
ABC Rule
01
ABC.entry1
ABCENTRY1
002
Some Label
Is this the right approach? Or do I need a proper condition? If so, what is the condition so that this rule applies to all records?
More importantly, is this the right approach (using a rule)?
Lastly, if I already have a number of existing records and I am adding this new EA, which is controlled by MetaTagger, what is the best approach for applying this same default value to all existing records? Can a rule be run in bulk against all existing records?
Thanks for the input.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ShovelFace
Ok, no responses yet... let me phrase it another way:
Is it possible to auto-populate a MetaTagger-controlled value?
Migrateduser
You will need a non-null condition. The easiest way is to create a Javascript plugin using the "Cooking with MetaTagger Plugins" sample files. I think the entire script will be a single line:
metadata.addDescriptorToFacet("ABC.entry1, "ABCENTRY1, "002", "Some Label");