TS 16.x - Migrate Favorites from one server to another

I had a procedure from back in the TS 7.x days for migrating Favorites when upgrading to new servers instead of in-place. Support gave me a process back then, which doesn't seem to work now in 16.x. Has anyone successfully migrated user's Favorites with 16.x as your target server? This is Linux if it matters.

Comments

• I am not certain what the previous approach was, you can query with iwuser -q -user and | grep favorite

That you can manually put in to TeamSite/local/entities/Data/(Entity ID) as root. The restart the UI,

• We copied local\entities folder to the new server (7.5 => 16.3). Has anything changed?

• I had a script that used the iwprop CLT to query all the users' favorites from the old server and build another script that updates their favorites on the new server. That doesn't seem to work very well. The new approach is to just delete the entity DB on the new server and copy the entries from the old server - assuming your users are the same on both. Have to make sure the numbered files reflect the same users on both sides, which they appear to. That works for me.

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs