Initial Config Severe Error

Hello,

I am trying to set up the AppWorks Gateway on a local dev machine. I have installed OTDS 10.5 on this box, and am trying to connect AppWorks Gateway to it using the Settings tab. I get the following errors from Tomcat logs on click of the Save Changes button:

Nov 27, 2013 7:30:31 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [RESTServletV1] in context with path [/gateway] threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.opentext.otds.client.OtdsClientBase.getResource(OtdsClientBase.java:2516)
    at com.opentext.otag.rest.settings.OtdsInstaller.getOrCreateResource(OtdsInstaller.java:288)
    at com.opentext.otag.rest.settings.OtdsInstaller.createOtdsResource(OtdsInstaller.java:261)
    at com.opentext.otag.rest.settings.OtdsInstaller.connectToOtds(OtdsInstaller.java:116)
    at com.opentext.otag.rest.impl.SetupImpl.connectToOtds(SetupImpl.java:227)
    at com.opentext.otag.rest.impl.SetupImpl.doBasicConfig(SetupImpl.java:172)
    at com.opentext.otag.rest.v1.Setup.doBasicConfig(Setup.java:54)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
    &c..........

Has anyone out there faced this issue?

Also, how do I safely uninstall AppWorks Gateway?!

Comments

• This may be caused by invalid OTDS credentials.

It looks like it is checking to see if the OTAG resource exists but the connection to OTDS is non-existent. I assume you chose the 'connect to existing OTDS' options on that first settings page; did you enter the credentials of a valid OTDS admin user (i.e. a member of otadmins@otds.admin)?

• If you have confirmed that your existing OTDS installation is functioning correctly, I would guess that the parameters to connect to your existing otds installation might be incorrect. You can confirm the parameters using the MMC Admin client for OTDS.

As for uninstalling the gateway, typically you would shut down tomcat, delete the gateway.war file and the gateway directory (in webapps) and then start tomcat. Note though, If you decide to reinstall the gateway and you use the same database connection information from a previous gateway installation, all existing apps etc. will be re-installed.

• Thank you both!

Turns out I have to first setup the OTAG user/partition in OTDS and then connect it to the gateway.