:"Add Link" button missing on OpenText Web Access Services / Configuration page

Options

I installed the latest AppWorks Gateway (1.1.5) and the new components ot_appworks_addons_1.1.5.otag on my local machine running apache-tomcat-7.0.42 with Oracle 11g. I followed the installation instructions and they see to be working fine. However, in the OpenText Web Access Service configuration page, I do not see an “Add Link” or “Add Sub-link” button to let me configure a link in the common header.

Any ideas?

Comments

• There is some information here on configuring webaccess (although the video isn't working for me at the moment).

There was a pre-release of webaccess that used manual configuration of tabs, but the released version just uses apps: a webaccess tab is basically just a Gateway webapp that has webui.istab=true in app.properties; and index.html, banner.png and help.html in web.zip. For more advanced configuration, you can use a webaccess.json file in web.zip (see the link).

• I'm having the same problem. There is no "add link" button, so I guess the documentation is old. And the video doesn't play!! Right now, all I want to do is add a test application which is a simple web page, without any backend connection. Let's say, a Hello World type page. I can add it to the gateway and enable it, but how do I view it in a browser? I would assume with the webaccess service, but now I don't know how to set that up.... Is there any documentation that says how this can be done?

• Instead of zipping the contents of the app in a mobile.zip file (as shown in the last part of the Creating an Appworks app tutorial https://developer.opentext.com/webaccess/#url=resources/articles/899&tab=501), rename the zip file to web.zip file. That should allow your app to be installed into appworks and then viewed in webaccess.