User Authentication when Single Sign On enabled

We're using OpenText Content Server, Version 10 with SSO and Enterprise Connect Client. How are Tablet users authenticated when they connect through AppWorks Gateway and Opentext Everywhere APP?

Comments

• Hi Peter,

Users of the ECM Everywhere (AppWorks) client enter their username and password when connecting to the AppWorks Gateway. Depending on your server configuration, this is either validated against OpenText Directory Services (OTDS) or is validated internally in Content Server. Once this is completed, their session is established both with Content Server and with AppWorks and this session is used for future communication.

Thanks

• Hi, how do I set App Works up to validate my users against Content Server? The only user that works for me at present is my otag user (who also exists in Content Server, and can access ECM Everywhere fine).

• To access Content Server, users must be given access to the Content Server resource in OpenText Directory Services. When Content Server has been configured to use OTDS for authentication, the resource is initially created. To allow users created in AppWorks (through the administration UI) to access Content Server simply grant Content Server access to all users in the OTAG partition. To allow all Content Server created users (created directly by administrators in OTDS or through user sync with LDAP) to access all AppWorks services, grant access to OTAG to all users in the Content Server partition.

For details on Content Server + OTDS configuration please see the OTDS administration guides.
    We will try to get an article written summarizing this process shortly.