Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite 5.5.2 Y: drive install error
mpgxsvcd
I am trying to setup TeamSite 5.5.2 as a clean install on a Windows NT 4 machine with IIS 4. The installation seemed like it was ok until I rebooted and a pop-up window came up that said "waiting for Y: drive". This screen counted down for 10 minutes then it said that it could not find the Y: drive and that TeamSite had not been properly configured to run with IIS. When I installed an earlier version of TeamSite it was able to find the Y: drive but now I am unable to connect to Teamsite. The page displays this error message "The Interwoven Web Daemon was unable to contact the Interwoven Servlet Engine. The Interwoven Servlet Engine may be down, or running on an unexpected host or port.
Please contact your system administrator. " What exactly does the Y: drive do? What could cause this error? Has anyone else successfully installed TeamSite 5.5.2 with NT 4 and IIS 4?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
sajiddc
Hi,
You need to manually run the tsreboot.pl script. But, before you do that, please make sure that all the Interwoven Services are running properly.
The Y: drive is a virtual drive that gives you a directory like view/access to your Interwoven File System.
To run the tspostreboot.pl script manually, you will need to execute the following command:
<iw-home>\iw-perl\bin\iwperl <iw-home>\install\tspostreboot.pl <iw-home>
<iw-home> = is the path to your Teamsite home directory (or the place where you installed teamsite)
Hope that helps.
mpgxsvcd
I tried to execute the command that you listed through a command prompt and it says "Can't open perl script "c:\program". It doesn't recognize the space in program files as a valid character for a folder name. Is there any other way to execute the command in windows? In addition should IIS be up and running when I install TeamSite. I had it up when I installed and it said the https and web server ports are busy but I had TeamSite 5.0.1 running properly with the same installation procedure.
sajiddc
well that's a very old problem with windows. So to overcome that problem I usually use the following:
C:\progra~1\interwoven\......
The above seems to work for me most of the time.
sajiddc
ooh I forgot to answer the other part to your post. Yes you need the IIS to be running, when you are installing and configuring Teamsite. From reading your post, I feel that you are running into port conflict. Please make sure that you are not using the same port numbers for the Teamsite iw-webd process as well as for your IIS. You can check the manual for more information.
mpgxsvcd
I get an error on line 1058 "can't find iw-home". Any ideas?
sajiddc
when are you getting this error? Please provide some more details. What command are you executing?
mpgxsvcd
The IIS is using port 80 so it conflicts with teamsite during the install process for Windows NT 4 and IIS 4.0. Does anyone know how to either configure Teamsite to use other ports besides 80 and 443 or how to configure IIS 4 to use different ports.
iwovGraduate
The TeamSite installation prompts you for the ports to use. By default: iwwebd uses port 80/443, servletd uses 8080, proxy uses 1080, etc. The install for Windows automatically reconfigures IIS - including, changing the default port of IIS to 81. You have to stop IIS (net stop w3svc) during install.
You can manually change the default port of IIS from the Internet Service Manager. Default Web Site -> Right Click -> Properties will get you to the port settings. You might want to change this to 81 prior to TeamSite installation.
Also from the previous posts I notice that you have installed TeamSite under C:\Program Files\Interwoven\.......
I would strongly recommend (if you can) to install in under C:\iw-home or something similar (to avoid spaces and a long path to iwhome).
mpgxsvcd
Yes you were absolutely correct! I needed to shut down IIS before I rebooted the computer. Once I had done this it brought up the Y: drive. However, the IIS still was not configured properly so I adjusted the iw-mount virtual directory and everything worked just fine. Thanks for the great feedback.