Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Transactions
Bob1
Hi there,
Does anyone know of any transaction model that I can use for filesite operations. For example if I have some code that say:
1. Copies a file to say "folder 1"
2. Copies a file to say "folder 2"
if operation 2 fails it will rollback operation 1.
i could implement it myself however, the operations I would like to transact are more complex than the trivial example above.
Cheers,
Bob1
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
vjlife
hi Bob,
Did u get any reply on it ?
I am wondering whether worksitemp supports transactions or not ?
any help would be appreciated.
thanks ,
Vijay
guido1
I'm not certain if WorkSite MP supports transactional behaviour of this sort, however as this is a WorkSite NT forum you could post the question in the WorkSite MP forum instead and see what response you get
For what it's worth, I have previously introduced transactional behaviour like this by implementing the so-called "memento" design pattern. There's nothing in the WorkSite NT API that I'm aware of that supports transactions for such high-level tasks.
vjlife
thanks Guido..
~vijay
rjb09
Hi,
I don't believe that worksite is a RM (Resource Manager) therefore I don't believe it supports transactions.
If you are writing an application that users the COM object, then you can make your application transactional, but it's not trivial.
The article below is a great guide, if you are using .net
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/books/0735709785.aspx
,
basically, uses classes in the System.EnterpriseServices namespace, which are .net wrappers for COM+.
Your class has to implemente ServicedComponent which basically makes it participate in a COM+ object, it will be a Worker.
You also need to implement a Compensator (inheriting from the compensator class) and use the Clerk class.
If it's not .net, then you need to implement the classes on your own, but the article provides a good guide of what the classes do.
As I said, it's not trivial, and the problems only start at the development stage, there are deployment issues with COM+ and it has a performance hit that can be significant.