Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
5.5.2 Clean install with IIS produces error
mpgxsvcd
I downloaded the clean install version of TeamSite 5.5.2 and when I installed the program I was receiving an error message when I connected to my login page. I went back and looked at the Y: virtual directory and it was being mapped to Y:" which produced an error in the mapping. Since the Y: drive was up and functioning I just remapped the directory to Y:\. This fixed the problem and everything except for Metatagger 3.0 is functioning properly. Has anyone else seen this problem while using Windows NT and IIS 4.0 with TeamSite 5.5.2?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
sajiddc
Your post is a bit confusing. Could you please explain the following lines:
>>. I went back and looked at the Y: virtual directory and it >>was being mapped to Y:" which produced an error in the >>mapping. Since the Y: drive was up and functioning I just >>remapped the directory to Y:\.
Adam Stoller
I believe I know what is being referred to - which would seem to indicate an error in the tspostreboot.pl processing that createst the virtual mapping for iw-mount to Y:\ (in this case, leaving off the '\').
I remember seeing this problem a long time ago (versions 3.x or early 4.x) - but I haven't noticed it recently - but take that with a grain of salt as I haven't done very many from-scratch installations recently - and those I have done recently were on Windows 2000 with IIS 5.0 (by the way, IIS 5 is recommended over IIS 4 - especially on production servers if you are going to be using OpenDeploy - IIS4 had some very nasty locking/blocking problems).
Unfortunately, all this doesn't really help explain why this problem seemed to resurface - as I don't know if it is a problem with NT, IIS 4, or tspostrepoot.pl, or any other number of potential things.
Sorry,
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)
sajiddc
I just looked at the tspostreboot.pl script from a TS 5.5.2 Build 9275 and everything seems to be fine. Also, I never had any issues with the script or the post reboot configuration. Infact in my IIS, it is configured as "Y:\".