Hi,I have a requirement of making two data deployments transactional. First is a do-sql deployment and next is db schema deployment.I have written third deployment following way<deployment name="Article_Text_multi"><exec-deployment use="pre_dd"/><exec-deployment use="Article_Text"/></deployment> .......help is much appreciated..Env: Teamsite 6.5 SP2, windows server 2003Thanks,Amit Bhoyar
<deployment name="Article_Text_multi" transactional="yes" ><exec-deployment use="pre_dd"/><exec-deployment use="Article_Text"/></deployment>
I believe that OD will not do transactional deployment when DNR's are involved. Nor will it allow more than one combination file/database deployment per transaction. It will do multiple database deployments as a transaction, but not along with files. -Greg
We have done multiple DD(database) and OD(file) DNR deployments from a single descriptor.And we have certainly done transactional deployment for files. Don't recall doing the transactional for DataDeploy.
I believe in order to do what is being requested, one would have to put both DD deployments into a single DD config, call it once and have the DD transactionally perform both operations before returning control to OD.If either of the DD steps (within a single DD config) fail, it will roll back, and (assuming you've coded it correctly) will cause the OD operation to roll back too.
Ghoti,I tried the same. But it even did not invoked a single deployment written inside the third deployment .The problem here is that the first deployment is a pre_dd with some SQL statements and the second deployment is schema deployment from DCR. Now both deployments have different command parameters. So the question is can we make such deployments transactional and if yes what should be the command for the third one ?appreciate all for your help