Force passwrod change.

Options

All,

My company is currently in the process of getting SSAE16 certified, and it has been pointed out that our passwords process in not secure enough.  I was wondering if there is a way to force a user to change their password after the first time they log in.  Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Yes, there is. We have implemented this in the latest version of our User Management solution for Metastorm BPM 9. It is not available yet, but we should be releasing it shortly.

We also have a solution for version 7, although it is not as fully featured. What version are you using? (I keep having to ask that question - it strikes me that there should be two separate areas for Metatsorm BPM 7 & 9, as we have on our forums)

• Jerome҉ wrote:

What version are you using? (I keep having to ask that question - it strikes me that there should be two separate areas for Metatsorm BPM 7 & 9, as we have on our forums)

Or people at least make use of tags when posts are created, though it seems tags are being used less here now.  One of the two could help distinguish better.

• We have a community facelift in the works now. Creating separate v7 and v9 discussion forums is part of the update. Other members have suggested this too, and we do listen! 

Thanks,

Joe

• jlsmith wrote:

We have a community facelift in the works now. Creating separate v7 and v9 discussion forums is part of the update.

I hope that also means changing how the Idea Central: Metastorm Product Ideas section work to make finding new items a lot easier.  Right now, if somebody posts against an older suggestion, you have to hunt to find it.  I had 17 unread posts in this section today, and I still cannot find 1 of them.  The other boards always "float" recent posts to the top of the listing even if against and older posting.