Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
templating.cfg: using same template in 2 branches
Gerard
I'm trying to use the same DCT for 2 subbranches. I want to use the same input and presentation template. The only difference is the directory in which it is allowed to generate the output.
I've tried the following in templating.cfg -(amongst other ;-), which seemed the best way to do it:
<data-type name="Brochure" dcr-type="iwov">
<presentation>
<template name="Brochure.tpl" extension="properties">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex=".*/New_release/.*" preview-dir="/">
<directory dir-regex="propertiesCM" />
</branch>
<branch vpath-regex=".*/Current_release/.*" preview-dir="/">
<directory dir-regex="servlets" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
</presentation>
</data-type>
In other words in one branch the file should be generated in a directory-path containing "propertiesCM" and in the other one "servlets".
First problem:
Templating seems to pick-up just the first branch definition.
It allows me to generate it in the right directory.
Only the error msg that comes up when I try to save the generated file in a different directory is incorrect. The warning msg says: "Not a valid directory". For Brochure.tpl valid directories are: servlets,propertiesCM". For the branch "New_release" only propertiesCM is the valid one....
Second problem:
When I press the generate button in the second branch "Current_release" a warning msg pops-up saying: "There are no available presentation templates for the selected category and type", which is clearly not what I want....
Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
Thanks in advance, Gerard.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Gerard - I am trying to do the same thing. It looks like you posted this a while ago. Did you ever get a response?
Thanks!
dlukezic
Hi Gerrard! I am trying to do the same thing as well. Would you be able to post whether you got a solution or not and if you did, can you please post that?
Thanks!
Doreen