The CLR could not be hosted, any stack overflows will bring down the engine.

-- This is no longer a confirmed fix. I have seen it help in some instances but this is not always the case --

"The CLR could not be hosted, any stack overflows will bring down the engine. Please check the COM+ configuration"

On Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 If you're encountering this warning in the event viewer you can resolve this by adding the service account user to the "Distributed COM Users". After you added the account you will need to restart the service.

dcom_users2.jpg

Tagged:

Comments

• I encountered this issue / log message for the first time today on one of our production servers. Bouncing the service itself and the server did not address the issue. The rest of the error messages were all "no engines" even though the service was running.

Both servers have been up and running for over two years now.

I tried the suggestion above, and things started working. However based up on the comment above it no longer a confirmed fix, I then removed the specific grant and restarted again. Things are working correctly/normally again.

I'm confused. Anybody have any ideas why when a service is running we would get the "no engines" error to users?

• << duplicate posting removed >>