Support for windows 8 and IE 10?

I have a customer running Metastorm BPM 7.6.4 and they have trouble with that some of their freelancers has upgraded to Windows 8.

Anybody who knows when Windows 8 and IE 10 can be used with Metastorm BPM 7.6?

Is it possible to downgrade IE 10 on windows 8 to IE 9 and will that be supported by Metastorm BPM?

Best regards,

Tagged:

Comments

• I suspect BPM v7 will not be supported for IE10 or Windows 8 as it is, as of the last I heard, slated to no longer be enhanced, or supported with fixes anyway, after May 2013.  However, OpenText has the final say on this of course.

I did a quick search, and "compatibility view" still exists in IE10, so does activating that for BPM sites help?

• Hi,

I did a quick test with Compability View in IE 10 and it seems to work. But, I haven't done a serious test and it would be nice to hear what OpenText's thoughts about this.

Best regards,

• I have a user using IE10 and Metastorm 9.2 who appears to have a problem submitting forms.  Clicks on the submit button but nothing happens.  No-one else has this issue, including other users in the same Role.

Any thoughts on compatibility issues that might  cause this sort of issue?

• Is the user's browser set into compatibility mode on his IE10?  If so, I'm not sure, but if not its the first thing to try.

Also, IE10 is supposed to be supported with v9.3.1, but upgrading isn't always a quick/easy thing to do, especially to address only one user's issue.

• Anybody had any experience running v7.6.4.9 with Win 8 and IE11? Does compatibility mode resolve any issue?

With the recently extended support for MBPM 7.6.4 extended to May 2016 I'd hope they'd update the client support? Apparently not in the roadmap and OT have no plans?

• We've used IE11 in compatibility mode against MBPM 7.6 and didn't see much issues yet (on Win 7)

We will include Win8+IE11 testing/certification for 7.6.4.10 which will be due in the next quarter.

Regards,
    Artur Valitov
    MBPM Development Services Manager

• Thanks Artur - I notice this isn't in the MBPM road-map in the Knowledge base? Was this going to be updated?
    We've got a couple of clients keen for official support using both Win7 and Win8.1 with IE11.