Strange form rendering

Hi all

I just built a windows virtual pc to run v9.1.2. Its based on XP SPK3, IIS 7 and IE8.

All my deployed projects render forms incorrectly. The forms just show in a third of the form window with a scroll bar. Dialogue boxes are also strecthed beyond the size of the window and resizing does not help.

I've double checked the form sizes etc. The forms are not using any segments or panels etc. I can't put my finger on what could be causing the issue. I've attached screen shots!

Thanks

Jas

Tagged:

Comments

• My first thought is try setting Compatibility View in IE. Another issue may be the screen resolution on the VM as BPM forms are set to pixels.

• Have you accidentally 'zoomed in' to your browser window? This could cause the issue you have.
    To check, press CTRL+0, which defaults you back to 'normal'.
    This has caught me out a few times, certainly when using a laptop with a sensitive mousepad.

• I thought it was the screen resolution as well but changing it makes no difference. Also tried compatability mode too. Definately not zooming in on browser.

• Might be a bit of a long shot, but I remember in early versions of 9 I've had to enable IIS Metabase Compatibility on new servers otherwise CSS wouldn't load properly.  Might not do anything, but worth a shot.

To install the IIS 6.0 Management Compatibility Components by using the Windows Server 2008 Server Manager

• Click Start, click Administrative Tools and then Server Manager.
    • In the left navigation pane, expand Roles, and then right-click Web Server (IIS) and select Add Role Services.
    • On the Select Role Services pane, scroll down to IIS 6 Management Compatibility.
    • Select the check boxes for IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility and IIS 6 Management Console.
    • Click Next from the Select Role Services pane, and then click Install at the Confirm Installations Selections pane.
    • Click Close to leave the Add Role Services wizard.

To install the IIS 6.0 Management Compatibility Components by using the Windows Vista Control Panel

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click Programs and Features, and then click Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Open Internet Information Services.
    • Open Web Management Tools.
    • Open IIS 6.0 Management Compatibility.
    • Select the check boxes for IIS 6 Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility and IIS 6 Management Console.
    • Click OK.

Pinched the above steps from : http://www.activexperts.com/support/network-monitor/online/ii6metabase/

Good luck.

• Realised earlier that because its a vpc its using XP pro spk3 which means its actually using IIS 5.1. The SR2 docs state XP SP3 as supported environment but actually say anything about IIS. Wonder if this is the problem?

• My guess is that this is probably due to an OS issue as you say.  If not, I would suggest that you try to uninstall and re-install the web client.

• Anyone using IIS 5.1 with v9.x? I'm having trouble getting the process activator working now!

• I have the same problem. Did you manage to get a fix for it?