Publishing of ProVision models - Can you share your best practices for publishing?

Greetings All,

Background

We just created a Proof of Concept for a small process. The size of the resulting models in HTML is at approximately 2 MB. I had seen some richer process, still not very complex, at 7 to 9 MB each. Potentially we anticipate the total size of the models to be at anything between 200 MB and 1 GB.

Issue

We are considering these options to publish the ProVision models to the general audience.

1. SharePoint only

2. LAN Shared Server (with a link from SharePoint pointing to it)

3. Knowledge Exchange – KE (using the Active Directory if possible)

We are not planning to use Smart Business Workspace (SBW) since we are only users of ProVision by the time being. Understand that SBW is planned to integrate 2 or more tools from OpenText and also requires an additional server.

As far as I can see it, for #1 and #2 above we depend only in our internal set-up and do not rely on ProVision (other than for the publishing of the HTML files themselves).

For #3, I was told that each user (in Reader or Viewer mode) requires to be created and maintained one by one in Knowledge Exchange. The workaround for this could be using our Active Directory for KE or using the professional services of OpenText for a bulk upload at least to create the users.

Questions

1. Anything to add/change to the above?
  2. Wondering  if there are any other options and if for #3 there could be anything like an Anonymous user?

Appreciate any help on this.

Tagged:

Comments

• Javier-

You are right #1 and #2 rely on your set up and ProVision will only publish the models to this location.  Sharepoint is a good option as many users can easily see the published output.  However KE is a much powerful tool.  The main purpose of it is to allow other users to "check out" the data and make changes on their ProVision.  Yes it could only be used as a community viewing are for models but there are a lot more features.  As for the users, AD for KE would work as all the users can be dumped into the database.  There is a Guest user for KE but I believe only one person can use it at one time.

Regards,

Rob

• Thanks a lot. Any background on AD for KE?

Regards,