Getting feedback when raising a flag through the Metastorm ECL

Options

I'm using the Metastorm ECL to raise a flag in a .NET assembly.  I encountered some trouble with the flag that I was able to ascertain the details of via the eLog table in the Metastorm database; however, from my application's perspective, there was no error or anything to indicate that there had been a problem.  Since this particular flag is being used to start a new BPM folder, it simply wasn't created.  Like I said, there was no error thrown up to my .NET front-end.

My question is why doesn't an exception get thrown up from the RaiseFlag method (of the ISession interface), or why doesn't the method at least return a value indicating the status of the operation?  The method has no return type.  Is there some work-around that anyone out there knows about (other than querying the eLog table and somehow matching up the right record)?

Tagged:

Comments

• eRaiseFlag, in [perhaps too] simple terms, basically inserts a row into a table to be processed when the engine is ready to do so.  The engine itself picks up the flag from said table and processes it in an asynchronous operation.  Most of the time the engine picks it up immediately, but it could potentially wait a while.  When the engine finally processes the flag, there is nothing to call back to.  Not elegant, but its how its worked as long as I've been using the system.

• Thanks for the reply.  That's unfortunate.  Oh well.