ework engine Unable to create mail connector

Options

Metastorm 9.2

I've been battling with this for several days. I 've trawled existing posts and the knowledge base articles on this but to no avail as yet.  Question: Should there be a file named ework.mailconnector.SMTP somewhere under the C:\Program Files (x86)\Metastorm\BPM\Engine file structure?  Only I don't seem to have a file of this or similar name anywhere - could that be my problem?

Tagged:

Comments

• I assume this is for the notifications as that still uses the older CDONTS library to send emails.

Verify that the file ESMTPConnectorMgr.dll exists in the directory :\Program Files\Metastorm e-Work\Engine

If this is the SendEmail activity or method, then it will be controlled by the following registry key. It is possible something is blank or invalid there:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Metastorm\e-work\Engine\SMTP

• Many thanks for those suggestions but alas, I have tried and checked these already.  I have read the help info regarding the connector andSMTP registry values but am not totally certain that I understand them all correctly.  The values I have specified are:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Metastorm\e-work\Engine\MailConnector]

"connection" = "ProgID=ework.MailConnector.SMTP;DefaultAddress=-removed-;LocaleID=1252;BodyFormat=HTML;EncodingFormat=MIME;AttachmentEncoding=MIME"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Metastorm\e-work\Engine\SMTP]

"Delivery Method (Network/SpecifiedPickupDirectory/PickupDirectoryFromIis)"="Network"
    "Host Name"="gatex"
    "Host Port"=dword:00000019
    "Pickup Directory"="C:\\inetpub\\mailroot\\Pickup"
    "Enable SSL"=dword:00000000
    "Logon Using Default Credentials"=dword:00000000
    "Logon User Name"=""
    "Logon Password"=""
    "Timeout (secs)"=dword:00000064
    "Default Sender Address"="-removed-"
    "Send Messages Asynchronously"=dword:00000000

Our Exchange server does not require credentials for a connection (although it only allows connections from specific listed machines and I am assured by our infrastructure team that my Metastorm server is listed)

The "ProgID=ework.MailConnector.SMTP" registrykey value makes me wonder if my machine should have a binary or executable file of that name somewhere.  I can find no sign of any files of that name or similar on my server. Is this significant, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Any time I make a change to the registry keysor config settings I make sure to stop and start all relevant services so that the changes are put into effect.  All I ever get in the windows application event log are "ework engine Unable to create mail connector" error messages.  I must either be missing something or I have something wrong in my config somewhere - but what/where?

---
    Note: Some information in this post has been hidden to protect privacy.

• This sounds like the same error I am experiencing. Starting 11/10 all my system geneerate emails started failing. I have 9.3 installed. I have gone in and verified the SMTP settings in the web.config, verified the registry and the SMTP in all the site folders on IIS.  We checked the mailboxes but they have no volume issues. We have it setup to use an internalrelay.

All I am seeing for an error is:

An error occurred while sending email in the background.

Failure sending mail.  Unable to connect to the remote server  No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [::1]:25 

When I google the error it all points to .Net.   

• Solved this problem by registering ESMTPConnectorMgr.dll (using Regsvr32) on the server hosting the engine.

Following this I found that I needed to adjust the Connector string in the registry settings to encrypt in TEXT so that the URL links were recognised in Outlook, and I also had to change the BROWSERPROTOCOL registry key value to http:///Metastormsso/ so that users don't have to login (we're configured for single sign-on)

Now it's all working lovely.