Add Flag Action From Another Solution

I'm trying to add a Flag Action in a process. The thing is that this Flag is raised from an action in a different solution, and as well, this Flag is defined in that solution.

When I had the Flag Action to my process, on the properties pane, "Flag used to invoke this action" it is a dropdown that only shows the flag defined in that solution and [None].

Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Tagged:

Comments

• you could create the flag in a library, and then reference that library in both of your processes.

• Thanks for your prompt response!

Should work, didn't thought of that has a solution.

• If the flags are in different solutions, they will need to be set up in both solutions with matching definitions and appropriate conditions/flag folder.

I hadn't tried the library approach so cannot comment, but theoretically it should work.

I can confirm that creating the flag in both/multiple solutions does work correctly.  I do that for one condition in particaulr.

• Thanks, BMellert,

Actually I tried the approach the way you mentioned and it indeed worked. Due to our internal Change Management Processes it seemed to be the quickest way achieve this, even though in my opinion if you're able to use flag you should be able to pick any of all the flag created accross the different processes. This would also avoid error when configuring flags.

• Agreed, and a work around may be to try within a library (which I admit I didn't try and should consider -- had I had time to play more).

However, in some cases a library not be ideal for implementation but if it works, it may be an option ... but at least you have a working approach now.