Unable to complete installation of AppWorks Gateway

Options

I have installed Tomcat 8.0.20, Derby 10.11.1.1, and AppGateway 1.1.6. Running on Windows 7 Professional. No previous installations of any of the above applications. No changes to the OpenText AppWorks Gateway Setting; using defaults. The OpenText AppWorks Gateway comes up in the Tomcat Manager and it runs but when I try to save changes I get the following error in the AppWorks Gateway screen:

Error: Problem install or configuring OpenText Directory Services. Please see logs...

gateway log has this error:

Error: com.opentext.otag.auth.OtdsInstaller - org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit Value: 1)

otdsDeploy log has these errors:

Error com.opentext.otds.deploy.OpenDJUtils - executeScript: Non-zero exit code from command shell: 6
Error com.opentext.otds.deploy.OpenDJUtils - executeScript: Error Executing command
com.opentext.otds.deploy.DeployException ...

Tomcat log has this:

Severe [http-apr-8080-exec-3] com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerResponse.logException Mapped exception to response: 500 (Internal Server Error)

Lastly the opendj-setup-899930754647235581 log in the Windows temp directory has this:

Severe: Error: Error Creating Base Entry at org.opends.quicksetup.installer.Installer$3.run (Installer.java:1335)

Any help appreciated...

Comments

• Hi David, I notice you are using Tomcat 8, we have not tested on Version 8 yet, only 7, we have plans to move to Tomcat 8 and Java 8 later in the year.

Are you able to try Tomcat 7 deployment?

Chris

• Pete_Oliver
    Pete_Oliver E Community Moderator
    Options

Hi David,

Version 1.1.6 of the AppWorks Gateway works only with Tomcat 7, and perhaps only Java 7 too.

Cheers!
    Pete.

• Thank you Chris and Peter. I will move down versions and give it a try...

• Down shifted to Tomcat 7 and Java 7 and it now works. Thanks!

• Thanks for letting us know David, great news! Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with

Chris