Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Error prevents submission.
rishi
We have a workflow which was working fine till recently. Now, when i try to transition to the Submit Task, the job just hangs and sits there in the task list. I checked the Job List and can see this error for the task.
Comment: Error prevents submission.
I checked the attached files. They show that they are still associated with the Job and Submit Task.
What could be the possible cause for this error ?
Is there some log where i can get further details of the error ?
I checked iw-home\local\logs\iwjoberrors.log but that has no entries since past few days.
Here is the Submit task...
<!-- ============================================================ -->
<!-- =================== Submit Files =================== -->
<submittask name="Submit"
owner="__TAG__('iw_user');"
description="Submit to Production"
unlock="t"
savecomments="t">
__INSERT__("<areavpath v = '$area_vpath'/>");
<successorset>
<succ v="WriteLog"/>
</successorset>
<activation>
<or>
<pred v="Review"/>
<pred v="Compliance"/>
</or>
</activation>
<variables>
<variable key="submit_cmt" value="Submitted through FactBook Workflow"/>
</variables>
</submittask>
would appreciate any help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
akshathp
1. The error could occur due to either some conflicts with the staging or wiht some issues with locks.
2. I would suggest to try and submit from TS UI and see if it prompts for the conflicts (merge) window.
3. Also, it can be checked from command prompt by using TS CLT for submit.
This way you would get to know if the conflicts are preventing the file from being submitted via workflow task for submit. Is it happening for any type of file or just some few identified files?
Hope this helps.
Thanks.
Akshat Pramod Sharma
Interwoven Inc.
Migrateduser
If the submit task failed due to conflicts, he should be able to pull up the Resolve Conflict window directly from the Task Options pulldown and selecting "Resolve Conflicts". Granted, the documentation for what constitutes a conflict and how to intelligently handle conflicts is severely lacking. You can always do a merge from this point or just hammer your version on top of whatever is in STAGING.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
rishi
Thanks,but.
i already checked that. The files are not locked and are not in conflict.
I had tried submitting from the TS UI, but it gave no conflicts.
There are no modified files in the task.
But still the workflow should not fail, right ?
And i do not see the 'Resolve Conflicts' window.
mogoo
We had a problem with submission in one of our workflows that had to do with the owner of the submit task. It was like the wf was in an eternal loop, because the owner of the submit task, by default, would kick off a workflow upon his submissions. Not sure if that's your problem, but you can check it by going to the Job Options-->Job Admin screen, then manually change the owner of the submit task, and see if the submit goes through. It's worth a try...
BTW, in the workflow, I set the owner attribute of the submit task to "", which made root the owner of it. Not sure if this is the best solution, but this seemed less complicated than trying to set the owner to the name of the user that took ownership of it in the group task proceeding it.
Good luck,
maureen
Migrateduser
That could be your problem right there. You are not allowed to submit unmodified files in a workflow. I thought this would bring up the Resolve Conflicts state, but I don't remember. But I do know that attempting to submit unmodified files is a no-no. I have a script that I run as an externaltask before every submittask to remove all unmodified files from the job prior to submitting.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
rishi
Thanks.
Yes, that was it.
A submit task will fail if the files it has are not modified. Hence, i have to use a script to submit it or do as you have done - call a script before using submit task.
Adam Stoller
What version of TeamSite are you using?
I ask because on my W2K TS 5.5.2 (build 9924) laptop I just did a quick experiment with the default_submit.wft.
1) If I only select non-modified files - clicking the submit button will tell me there are no modified files and won't even begin the instantiation of the job.
2) If I select one modified and one non-modified file - the job instantiates and goes through the submittask just fine - resulting in the one new file being submitted and nothing happening to the non-modified file - but no job hanging either
So I'm wondering if perhaps this problem was fixed in the software after the release that you are running (or are you running the same version? if so - what platform?)
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)
Migrateduser
When you tried your second test - selecting one modified and one unmodified file, did you check your job before the submittask to see if it even attached the unmodified file to the job? Did you also try to select only an unmodified file and then use File->New Job rather than the submit button?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Adam Stoller
With the submittask / submit job - yes I did check to make sure both the modified and unmodified files were attached to the job before the submittask was actually run.
I didn't try to run it via New Job then - but I just did now - with a very simple workflow:
usertask->submittask->endtask
I selected two non-modified files, verified that they were both attached in within the usertask, transitioned - the job disappeared - no hanging.
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)
Migrateduser
Well that's a good thing. Definitely an improvement. Thanks for running the test.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
rishi
Thanks.
Well we are using TS Version: 5.0.1
So, i guess, this must have been subsequently corrected.