Migrate AppWorks Gateway to another server

Options

Hi All,

I need to completely move my TempoBox installation from server A to Server B.
As I have a certain number of TempoBox Folders configured in my CS envirnoment I need to maintain the actual configuration.
So my question is, after moving my Cs installation to the new server, can I simply install a fresh AppWorks Gateway + TempoBox and I will find my CS folders already cnfigured for TempoBox or do I need to migrate also my AppWorks Gateway + TempoBox to my new server?
If I need to migrate/move my actual installation, which are the steps? I can't find anything on the documentation.
Thanks in advance

B/R
Igor

Comments

• Hi,

I assume you're connecting to the same database from server B. If so, install the Content Service module in Content Server on Server B and reconfigure your Tempo settings (external users, folder size, etc).

For AppWorks Gateway, do the following:

1. Stop the Tomcat service.
    2. Extract the gateway.zip to the root of the Tomcat folder, \TOMCAT_HOME.
    3. On server A, navigate to the \TOMCAT_HOME\conf folder and copy the opentext.properties file.
    4. On server B, navigate to the \TOMCAT_HOME\conf folder and paste the opentext.properties file from server A.
    5. Start the Tomcat service and your migration should be complete.
  • Hi Karen,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
    Unfortunately, I also need to switch SQL Server.Can I simply back up my database from SQL Server A and restore it on SQL Server B? I guess, there is a file or configuration in which it tells the gateway where the Database Server is?

Thanks in Advance,
    Igor

• Hi Igor,

I'm not familiar with how to migrate SQL between servers. You might want to review the SQL documentation. There is also some information on this topic in the Content Server Upgrade Guide that is available on the OpenText Knowledge Center. See "Creating a Target Database in SQL Server" in section 1.6.

The opentext.properties file contains information on the database it uses, which is why it's easier to copy the opentext.properties file from Server A onto Server B. The configuration will be complete when doing this.

I hope this helps.

Karen

• Hi Karen,

Thanks for the info.
    That's exactly what i needed.

Regards
    Igor