Deployment Monitor is stalling. New deployments are staging/failing in AppWorks Gateway 16.2.1

Even after undeploying the service from gateway. The services are not getting removed from deployment monitor.
Whenever I restart the AppWorks Gateway, It's trying to deploy the removed apps/services.

One important observation is somehow the host location is binding with the VM's Dynamic IP (or) sometimes hostname.
After a restart of OTAG in case there is an IP change the app/service bounded to that old IP are failed to deploy.

Please Help me to resolve this. FYI, I am on AppWorks Gateway 16.2 on top of tomcat8.0.44 with embeded derby database.
enter image description here

Comments

• Hi Sagar,

The gateway does not support changing of IP address if that's how the hostname was first configured. In order repair your installation, you may need to dig into the database, which is a little tricky with the embedded Derby DB.

In these situations, I usually install MySQL and use that instead of the embedded DB - it makes it much easier to figure out what's going on behind the scenes.

Cheers!
    Pete.

• I'm also having problems where OTAG is binding to the hostname 'OTAGUAT', but the server certificate is for the external friendly name 'mobileuat.domain.com' which is what Tomcat is listening for on HTTPS (443). There doesn't seem to be a way to override what OTAG detects.

This means I can't deploy or remove any applications because OTAG tries to connect to OTAGUAT:443 for deployments and there obviously a certificate mismatch so it fails.

I don't recall previous versions of OTAG having this limitation.

• At this point - I would agree with Pete - Install a DBMS like mysql and repeat in the install. Do not use the IP address of the machine as the hostname for gateway and use your FQDN.

As for binding OTAG to a hostname - in these situations where you have an external address - set the address of the Gateway to use that external address in the settings, restart the gateway and then add a host file entry on the Gateway box to point to the local IP. This will get around your woes on deployment and certificate.

• Hi Sagar,

There should be information in your log files detailing how the host name was derived internally. Would you zip up the tomcat/logs/ directory of all your nodes and send them direct to me? I'll email you out of band, so please reply to that email.

Cheers!
    Pete.

• Hi Sagar
    can u send me the sample service to install in appworks. I have tried with the example in github but service didnt get installed.
    Thanks

• I did a clean install of 16.2 again and still had the same problem with deployments stalling.
    So I did another clean install, this time of OTAG 16.1 and all my app deployments worked fine so we are going live with that version.